Steelcitygrit [in exile]

Ruminating on all things Canadian and political.

 

Monday, July 24, 2006

Questions: Kennedy and Quebec

In order to augment the efforts of my Steel City compatriot, I sent this email to the Kennedy camp today:

I administer a liberal blog - steelcitygrit.blogspot.com. I and others have been attempting to bring federalism into the leadership race discourse. Most of the other purported front runners seem to be advancing an approach to federalism - and Quebec particularly - that departs from the Liberal approach of Trudeau, Chretien et al. I believe this should and will become a point of focus in the race.

As far as I am aware, Mr. Kennedy has reserved extensive comment on this issue thus far. Many would love to know his position with regards to the Meech Lake/Charlottetown experiments, the notion of Distinct Society, and the "Quebec as a nation" question. If you could forward me relevant Kennedy comments, or refer me to where I might find them I would be very greatful. I will publish his comments on my blog.


If Kennedy does have an inclination towards a more symmetrical federalism, as some have suggested, than this is an opportunity to really distinguish himself from the field. I look forward to a response. Not to sound like a broken record, but this is an issue we need to zero in on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zac said...

Hopefully you have better luck with Kennedy than I did with Rae.

Either way, you are right. This is an issue we, as a party, need to zero in on. Kennedy has been quite silent on the issue. Perhaps its too much time on the provincial scene, but these are questions that he must answer.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask all of em

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home