Steelcitygrit [in exile]

Ruminating on all things Canadian and political.

 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pearl Jam -Two Nights in Toronto

Hey, this is a little belated, but I had meant to say something about Pearl Jam's two-night stand in Toronto last week and I while I questioned its inclusion on a liberal blog it appears I'm not the only one to take notice. Good to see, leave Hot Hot Heat or whoever for the trendy NDP bloggers.
Anyway, two great shows to kick off the new tour. Pick up the new album it is phenomenal...though anybody that says they've "returned" from like the early 90's is dead wrong, and really that's just an excuse for being too lazy to seek them out.

The Air Canada Centre can tend toward poor atmosphere and the band's show there last fall was the least engaging of the Southwestern Ontario ones, but these shows were outstanding. They clearly have a place in their hearts for Canada (as evidenced by this past fall's Canadian tour as well) with the band in high spirits. I've seen them many times and I can tell anybody that there excitement on night 2 was above and beyond the norm. By the way, these shows can be downloaded (I'd much prefer CD but they are only being sold online, otherwise I wouldn't promote it) on their website. First night great use of the new stuff, both shows exhibiting a good amount of rarities for the hardcore fans.

As a nod to our blogging host here, I will note that the last time the band seemed so fired up was in the Steel City.

-Steve

4 Comments:

Blogger Zac said...

You were there at Copps eh?

That was an awesome show. Tickets were reasonably priced as well.

It's too bad that they are not coming back to the Hammer.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yeah Copps was a great show. Great energy. Rare that you get to see them in a place like Hamilton. Porch was a stunning opener that night.
For me, the London show was the best set though.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Lars did you see any of the east coast shows? I would've killed to see those

9:11 PM  
Blogger SteelCityGrit said...

I almost flew out to go to the Newfoundland show where they were ending the Canadian tour. Stupid not to in the end. Wasted opportunities. But yeah, Copps was damn good. Best show of theirs that I have seen.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home